. .. 'how many 2013 resolutions did you actually achieve this year?' Ready? OK then, let's go . . .
To recap, here were my 2013 resolutions.
- Write more letters - fail.
- Use what I have - fail.
- Support local - on balance, this was a pass again this year.
- Make more effort to stay in contact with people - fail.
- Be more patient, tolerant and supportive - FAIL FAIL FAIL.
- Learn to take better photos - fail. Did absolutely nothing about this all year and it shows.
- Re-establish my felt shop - fail.
- Write a regular craft column that supports local crafters - fail
- Make stuff that challenges me, technically and creatively - pass. The bird mobile, rabbits, fishing game and 'make your wardrobe smell nice' kit plus a nativity set, which I have yet to show you.
- Sew a dress (this time for me) - fail.
- Master the art of sewing t-shirts and hoodies - fail. Didn't even attempt this one.
- Learn 10 new embroidery stitches - fail. Again, didn't even attempt it.
- Update my blog (at least) once a week - well we all know that was a fail
- Create photo albums, archive photos and regularly back up my computer - a half pass. Haven't done the albums but have archived and backed up.
- Save - fail. You don't save while on maternity leave. That resolution wasn't particularly well thought out.
- Find time to exercise - bhah hah hah hah hah hah FAIL! I don't get to go to the toilet in peace. How did I ever think I would find the time to exercise?!?!
- Accept where we live - I'm going to call that a pass again this year
So clearly last year was a complete and utter write-off. I'm going to put it down to the disruptive influence of introducing a new family member. The year just passed in a blur of washing, cleaning and wiping arses. As I mentioned in the previous post, having two small humans is time-consuming. Wonderful, magical and all that - but also helluva time-consuming.
Why am I even bothering to write resolutions for 2014? To be honest, I don't even know myself. But here goes anyway . . .